Rights Respecting Schools Ambassadors:
Class representatives from P4 - P7 make up our Rights Respecting council. They are advocates for sending out positive messages about different topics.
Previously holding the Level 2 award, In May 2021, we were awarded the UNICEF Gold Rights Respecting School award. This was an amazing achievement in the midst of a global pandemic. The feedback from our assessors was extremely positive and can be viewed on the website. The children's annual roles include:
- being part of a buddy system with Foundation children
- promoting anti-bullying message with their 'bully proof' vests
- sharing our knowledge of the UNCRC articles
- helping the South West Foodbank
- attending regular meetings
- brainstorming new ideas
- checking in with each class
- engaging in anti-bullying training
- looking at the policies
- visiting the Colin Neighbourhood Partnership Allotments to learn about healthy eating
- being role models and advocates of anti-bullying
- supporting the PDMU co-ordinator by organising resources and presenting assemblies for the annual anti-bullying week celebration.